Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wild Lavender Landscaping

By Erin Ferucci
Celebrity Lifestyle Designer

Recently, while I was doing research for a new project I came across this great article in the May issue of Met Home “08. I love this amazing exterior design.

It looks so simple and wild yet Provincial-as if it has been there for years- growing wild.....un-groomed... I loved the low-maintenance plants and the fact that they are "drought-resistant".

The designer, Ron Lutsko Jr., began by wrapping honey-hued stone walls around the courtyard and used large limestone pavers surrounded by gravel instead of using grass.....It is both cost effective and maintenance free and looks absolutely beautiful... I love that it looks wild...with clusters of "lavandula Stoecha" and lavaundula "grosso" (types of lavender- there are 5000 types) I also love the contrastof the lemon-lime clusters called "Euphorbia", nestled amongst the contrast of the bold Blue Oak tree.


All photographs are by Marion Brenner

No comments: